Lady Lazarus | 拉薩路夫人
I have done it again. | 我又成功了。
One year in every ten | 每十年一次
I manage it - | 我都能做到 —
A sort of walking miracle, my skin | 活生生的神跡見證:我的皮膚
Bright as a Nazi lampshade, | 闪亮有如纳粹的人皮灯罩;
My right foot | 我的右脚
A paperweight, | 是一塊紙鎮;
My face a featureless, fine | 我的臉毫無特徵,一塊上等
Jew linen. | 猶太亞麻布。
Peel off the napkin | 將這塊餐布剝下,
O my enemy. | 哦,我的敵人。
Do I terrify? - | 是否嚇著你了? —
The nose, the eye pits, the full set of teeth? | 我的鼻子,眼洞,整副森森白齒,及
The sour breath | 這腐酸氣味的呼吸
Will vanish in a day. | 過一天就會蕩然無存。
Soon, soon the flesh | 須臾,須與之間這肉體
The grave cave ate will be | 這副被墓穴吞噬的肉體
At home on me | 會再安居在我身上。
And I a smiling woman. | 而我,我這微笑著的女子,
I am only thirty. | 我僅三十嵗。
And like the cat I have nine times to die. | 如貓一般可以死亡九次。
This is Number Three. | 三次至今 —
What a trash | 真是廢物 —
To annihilate each decade. | 每過十年便會毀滅。
What a million filaments. | 這數以萬計的游絲,
The peanut-crunching crowd | 這群嚼著花生的人們
Shoves in to see | 爭先恐後地擠來看我。
Them unwrap me hand and foot - | 他們將我從頭到腳剝個精光 —
The big strip tease. | 一場巨型脫衣舞會。
Gentlemen, ladies | 先生們,女士們,
These are my hands | 此處是我的手、
My knees. | 我的膝蓋、
I may be skin and bone, | 雖然只是皮包骨 ,
Nevertheless, I am the same, identical woman. | 但依然是如出一撤的那個女子。
The first time it happened I was ten. | 第一次發生時,我僅十歲。
It was an accident. | 那只是意外。
The second time I meant | 第二次我有意
To last it out and not come back at all. | 讓它無期延續,從此不再歸來。
I rocked shut | 我緊閉著搖動,
As a seashell. | 像一只海蚌。
They had to call and call | 他們只能千呼万喚,
And pick the worms off me like sticky pearls. | 把一條條蚯蚓如黏糊的珍珠一樣從我身上挑走。
Dying | 死亡
Is an art, like everything else. | 是一種藝術,和世間一切事物一般。
I do it exceptionally well. | 我尤其擅長。
I do it so it feels like hell. | 我如此這般只是爲了感受地獄。
I do it so it feels real. | 我如此這般只是爲了感受真切。
I guess you could say I've a call. | 或許我只是聽到了某種召喚。
It's easy enough to do it in a cell. | 在牢房中尋死,談何容易。
It's easy enough to do it and stay put. | 尋死之後靜靜不動,又是談何容易。
It's the theatrical | 可是,這戲劇性的
Comeback in broad day | 光天化日之下的歸來,
To the same place, the same face, the same brute | 那舊地,舊人,獸性依舊,
Amused shout: | 情不自禁地叫出:
'A miracle!' | “奇跡!”
That knocks me out. | — 這才讓我死去活來。
There is a charge | 請繳費:
For the eyeing of my scars, there is a charge | 如要目觀我的傷疤,請繳費:
For the hearing of my heart - | 如要耳聼我的心跳 —
It really goes. | 它真的還在跳動。
And there is a charge, a very large charge | 請繳費: 請繳一筆不菲的費用,
For a word or a touch | 如果你想聼我説話,想摸我一下,
Or a bit of blood | 或是想見血。
Or a piece of my hair or my clothes. | 又或是想要我的一絲頭髮,我的一角衣衫。
So, so, Herr Doktor. | 就這樣吧 ,醫生君。
So, Herr Enemy. | 就這樣吧,敵人君。
I am your opus, | 我是你們的樂曲。
I am your valuable, | 我是你們的值錢貨。
The pure gold baby | 那純金寶貝,
That melts to a shriek. | 熔煉出一聲慘叫。
I turn and burn. | 我在燃燒中輾轉反側。
Do not think I underestimate your great concern. | 可別以爲我低估了你們偉大的關懷。
Ash, ash - | 對著骨灰 —
You poke and stir. | 你們反復戳撥。
Flesh, bone, there is nothing there - | 除了骨頭,肌肉,別無他物 —
A cake of soap, | 一塊肥皂,
A wedding ring, | 一只婚戒,
A gold filling. | 一顆金牙。
Herr God, Herr Lucifer | 上帝君,魔鬼君,
Beware | 警戒,
Beware. | 警戒。
Out of the ash | 從灰燼中
I rise with my red hair | 紅髮的我冉冉升起 ,
And I eat men like air. | 吃人如同呼吸空氣。
*Written in 1962, published posthumously in Ariel in 1965. Original translation.
No comments:
Post a Comment